Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Surprise


My sister Wendy recently had a little girl, Reagan Elizabeth, and I was kind of bummed that I wouldn't get to see her until our family reunion in May. My other sisters, Liz and Lynette, would be there too so I was really missing out on some good "Todd girl" kind of fun. TR, being the coolest husband that he is, suggested I just go and surprise them all and so that's what I did. My Dad had flown out to Utah for Ava's blessing and we planned it so I would be on the same return flight to GA as him. When we got to Wendy's house I put Ava in the very back of the SUV and hid in the car. My Dad and Robert (who picked us up from the airport) went inside and told the family to come out and see what "suprise" I had sent them. As my Dad was directing them where to stand he asked, "What do you want the surprise to be?" Wendy replied in a kidding tone, "Baby Ava". She then opens the back latch and there Ava sat with her big blue eyes staring back at them. The rest of the story is much better told by just looking at the pictures taken at that moment... Yea, totally worth the effort to keep it a secret for three months!


Needless to say the little girls got to meet and are now best friends, even if they have already gone through some rough patches.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad you commented so now I can follow your blog! Ava is precious! I love that name, too. You look great!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh- this looks like so much fun. What a great surprise! Both of those swimsuits are the like the cutest ones I've ever seen.

LUV MY 4 said...

That's so fun to have them so close Ava looks so big next to her. I love that name Reagan! They look so darn cute together. You did a great job at the blessing it was fun, hope we get together soon, oh yeah the girls said they took good care of Aaron while you were gone!

Rachel said...

Hey Julie- hope you're doing good! My cousin sent me that headband and it is pretty loose- it fits perfect but doesn't leave a crease. She has a website at billiebrand.etsy.com. There are a ton of cute things on there. Have a great Easter!